View Single Post
Old 19th September 2002, 13:23   #23  |  Link
Kurosu

@Defiler
No particular enhancement using the 60fps clip.

@Taranli Maren
Your clip has no rainbow artifacts. However it was useful, because one can see that the filter tends to filter areas which don't show such rainbows.

@All
Using those 2 videos (from Taranli Maren and Defiler), setting the filter to... filter perfectly Defiler's clip provokes ghosting artifacts in Taranli Maren's clip. But settings avoiding ghosting artifacts in his clip does a worse job on Defiler's clip. So this filter is far from perfect.

The solutions I may use when processing the video, macroblock-wise:
- only filter pixels with high luma (Y), because chroma variations there are more sensitive. This will prevents areas with edges, but sufficiently dark to not show rainbows, to stay unfiltered.
- looking at the U/V planes, maybe I should count the number of pixels where variations are higher than a chroma threshold. Because it's more their number than the intensity that reveals the rainbow effects. Moreover, it may be possible to only use that criterium (not the edge one) on those kind of videos.

Considering other videos (not macroblock-wise), I still wonder how to do an easy job on them...

I'm opened to any idea
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote