View Single Post
Old 9th April 2012, 02:16   #29  |  Link
shark000X
Real Harper's Mockingbird

Hi AMSS0815, thank you for fast reply!

Just to avoid some misunderstanding (my fault), here is additional information:

5) The video source: 1280x720, YV12, TV.709, 4:2:0 (it doesn't contain any non-image parts at top/bottom of screen);
6) I provide *.bmp (RGB24 colorspace - is here possible mistake?) as the "Mask" argument to the AnalyzeLogo. The BMP contains the logo image (pure white template) surrounded by pure black background. The source logo is completely contained in the "Mask", moreover tried to vary its dilating range. Legitimate movie content is not covered by the AnalyzeLogo's "Mask" argument, except the dilated area.
7) The Logo and Alpha arguments are clips with one frame only (both BMP RGB24) processed further with assistance of the Rm_Logo.avs (Spuds' subfunction).
8) As a whole result of process, the source logo is correctly replaced by legitimate underlayer but the shape of source logo turned into glass-like border.

Now, after close examination I see that both subfunctions (Rm_Logo by Spuds, and InpaintFunc by Reuf Toc) operate the DeviationWeight and SubsamplingWeight parameters under default values (0.5). May be this is the graal for my situation - to tune both "Weight"s, starting with 0.25 SubsamplingWeight... Could you tell me please the reasonable measures for the DeviationWeight?

Nevertheless, the above-mentioned "Last resort" remains under my consideration, though it would be in history - I've tried to set a mask over the border and cover it with Inpaint in such a (perhaps stupid) way:
  • created an additional logo template where only the shapes are colored in white;
  • utilized the Logo.vdf to mix the additional logo as new semi-solid alpha channel into the source logo;
  • placed the Logo.vdf function right before the AnalyzeLogo function in the same avs-script.
Finally, the process was much-much-mucho slower, and the result was not satisfactory due to extensive blurriness. This is why I asked you about debugging (or "editing" may be more correct) the "Logo Color and Alpha" picture in After Effects. So, a specifying question:

9) For the above "to set mask this border by hand" - do you mean a simple painting (Photoshop or else) of white boarders in the Alpha-mask.bmp created by the AnalyzeLogo?

Thank you for support, AMSS0815. My mind is clearing up under your suggestions

Have a nice day!
shark000X is offline   Reply With Quote