Thread: DG NV tools
View Single Post
Old 12th June 2010, 21:46   #1630  |  Link
Clumpco

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
You can't run DGSplit during an encode? Your computer is single-tasking?
D'oh!
I forgot about DGSplit. (Please note though that until 17 minutes ago I was also recording BBC HD while encoding and I didn't want to push my luck doing much else, also the Missus had urgent on-line shopping to do).

OK we have two samples: one edited by VideoRedo and one trimmed by DGSplit. The VideoRedo one causes the error, the DGSplit one doesn't.

BBCHDEditedByVideoRedo.rar
BBCHDTrimmedByDGSplit.rar

Please note that using DGIndexNV's "Output trimmed TS" produces a TS that then provokes the error if you try to index it again in DGIndexNV.

Also note that VideoRedo have a similar file trimmer, but it too must change something because its output also provokes the error.

The stream came from BBC HD (on Sat) via a Technisat Skystar HD2 card, captured using DVBViewer Pro 4.2.1.0. DVBViewer is set to "Adjust PAT/PMT" as this was necessary in the past for BBC HD; it may no longer be so.

Finally, the unedited stream, indexed with in and out points in DGIndexNV, seems to be successfully encoding in MeGui, it passed the "hang point" at the end of the first pass where the edited version failed.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Clumpco; 12th June 2010 at 21:50.
Clumpco is offline   Reply With Quote