View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2014, 13:58   #7  |  Link
NikosD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
They are fast with stealing my code, apparently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLai View Post
So, what is the action you will take against them?

This code stealing activity is frowned upon.
Guys, please don't start this discussion here.

I think there are threads here in Doom9 with that subject - I think it has been discussed thoroughly - or you can start a new thread about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
Astra 4K demo channel:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rbqlrrhhv...%20UHD.ts?dl=0 (probably not cut correctly at GOP border)

But it uses 10 bit coding - I don't know if Nvidia and Strongene support that?

Well, you are going to make me buy a new CPU for that file!

I used latest nightly MPC-HC x64 and I got a lot of stuttering using EVR-CP.
I had to use plain EVR in order to be smoother, but I can't say it was absolutely smooth.

LAV DXVA, Strongene's OpenCL and CPU decoders are all incompatible with 10-bit HEVC, so I can't use them for decoding comparisons.

I don't know yet about Nvidia's HEVC decoder, but I think only LAV CPU can decode 10-bit HEVC clips.

BTW, I have a lot of 10 bit 4K HEVC clips from here http://demo-uhd3d.com/ which all of them stutter during playback.

It's not exactly stutter or judder, it's like repeatedly spasmodic movement, after a few seconds of normal playback each time - you can call it stutter.

The problem with those 6 demo files I have, is that the CPU utilization is below 50% when the movement looks like stuttered.

I thought the problem was in the encoding or muxing and stopped downloading other clips from that site for that reason.

Is it possible the decoding speed to be the reason of stuttering ?

Those clips are huge.

6 of them are 5.15GBytes on my disk.

I don't know if you grabbed your sample from there and you cut a smaller sample, but if you have a link of the original source I would like to download the whole file.

Also I would be interested in HEVC 1080p files too.
NikosD is offline   Reply With Quote