flac
wavpack
nero fends (frontend for nero aac)
MPC
lame (mp3)
Ogg
sonic foundry soft encode (ac3) new
DA's ac3enc new

The new version includes a couple of new features (and probabely new bugs since i have rewritten a lot of code (again) ):

- logging option in cb. This shows the commandlines which are used and some other interesting stuff. This can also be usefull if someone wants to make his own program for sending jobs to cb.

- supports now the ac3enc.dll from Dark Avenger which should be better then the old one. ( DA for your help)

- support for sonic foundry ac3 encoder

- support for non PCM and wav ex.

- if a channelmask is available in the wave ex and a wav is splitted to monostreams, it now gives the correct channelnames.

- an option to automaticaly import new channelmapping. If you add a fille "mappingsNEW.ini" to the ww dir it will be be imported and renamed to "mappingsIMPORTED.ini". The new ww comes with a mappingsNEW.ini in the dir so you can combine it with the one you have. Remember, ONLY the mappings file can be used in different version, DONT copy the preferences from old to new version.

- option to avoid clipping

- fast switching between the different config dialogs is now possible by using F2,F3,F4 and escape (for cancel).

- Option to create a tempfile when normalising. This is usefull when resampling, since the result will be saved and the second pass it uses the tempfile to normalise. But this option might create huges files.... so becaurefull when using it. And when you are doing a "normalize list" with tempfile creation, all filles will first be converted to a tempfile, so make sure you got enought diskspace when using it !

- some other other stuff i dont remember.

If daphy's site is online again ill upload a new version.

Current issues:

- support for sonic foundry is available, but not reliable. Somehow sonic doesnt read the settings correct from the .ini file which is created.

- in v0.5b there was a problem with the detection of surcode dvd. Thx to daphy this has been fixed in v0.52b.

-in v0.52b there was a problem when converting big files. Thx to tebasuna51 this problem is fixed. (look in the forum for details)

-there is a bug in sonic foundry softencode which will disable LFE when it is set to On en it is enabled when it is set to Off. Thx to tebasuna51 this problem got a workaround by adding an option in CB. (look in this forum for details)

- The "save output" in preferences should not be unchecked. I had removed this option, but when going back to an older backup version of my prog, i forgot to remove it again. When this option is disabled, the program might not work properly. (removed in v0.53b)

- Not every setting gives correct results when using da's ac3enc, and sometimes it doesnt run 100% stable.

- When cb is used on winme and a dos program is canceled by pressing stop, winme asks if it should terminate the program. You should press "Yes" manualy. If the window is hidden, you dont see this message, which means you have to check "show programs" to see it. I think i can fix this, but i doubt if this is really usefull since i dont think many people are using winme anyway.

-when resampling a file with more then 100 channels the memory consumptions becomes very significant (500MB+) when resampling a file with more then 500 channels ww might crash.

Things im considering to implement (in random order)
- vst-hosting
- replaygain
- settings the channelmask manually (for wav-ex files)
- show/edit the chunks inside a wav (showing part is done)
- decent documentation
- dynamic amplification
- equalizer
- decoding for all formats which cb can create
- cue sheets

Changelog

from v0.53 -> v0.54
- changed the option invert LFE in cb to invert specific settings. Now 5 settings will be inverted if this is checked

- Added chunk browser. This also works on avi's

- changed the location from where programlist.txt is downloaded in cb.

- some other minor fixes.

Last edited by johnman; 31st August 2005 at 16:53.
johnman is offline   Reply With Quote