View Single Post
Old 5th June 2019, 18:52   #56508  |  Link
SamuriHL

The frustration is somewhat valid. But remember that madshi is nothing if not ambitious. Tackling the HDR tone mapping was a HUGE undertaking and he's got some REALLY amazing dedicated people working on it to help him. I think the scope of that project was far bigger than anyone could imagine. Then throw out the Envy work being done and remember that NONE OF THIS is madshi's day job. It was his intention last November to have a new release out within a couple weeks with improved tone mapping, but, they kept finding issues that have take a lot of work to iron out. Also, I don't believe they are anywhere near "done" on the HDR side of things. madshi has talked about when this phase is complete what comes next with things like being able to look several frames ahead and other improvements. That does sort of leave the rest of the product stuck until that work is finished. So yes, I get the frustration. I also appreciate the insane work he's been doing and I know you guys get that. Good things will come in time.