View Single Post
Old 24th April 2018, 09:16   #1469  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v1.7

This is an important version. The format of the input and output of the mkvtoolnix tools has radically changed in mkvtoolnix v20. Previously, it used a text format, relatively easy to parse and create. Since v20, that text format has been dropped and replaced by the JSON format. As a consequence, it was impossible to use the new version of mkvmerge with the __MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file produced by BD3D2MK3D. (Same thing for the two 2D versions.) And it was impossible to use the output of mkvinfo to analyse the content of the 3D MKV files created by MakeMKV. So, everything was broken, and especially the possibility to open a 3D MKV created by MakeMKV.

I have had to rewrite almost from scratch two parts of the program to make it compatible with mkvmerge and mkvinfo v20. Currently, it seems that the new BD3D2MK3D v1.7 works perfectly with mkvtoolnix v21 and v22, and should work also with future versions. (Note that mkvtoolnix v20 requires already the JSON format, but it doesn't support comments and therefore is not compatible with BD3D2MK3D v1.7.) Therefore, v1.7 is NOT compatible any more with mkvtoolnix v20 or lower. Also, although I have tested v1.7 as far as possible, I cannot be absolutely sure that the format change has not introduced new bugs. If, for any reason, you want to use v1.6 with the old mkvtoolnix exes, you can still download it here. Of course, you should preferably use the latest version, and report here if you find a bug.

This version fixes also two bugs (including an important bug introduced in v1.5), and I have added a tool to check any external audio file for Cinavia (requires the free CinDe Cinavia detector installed on your computer).

Quote:
v1.7 (April 24, 2018)
- Adapted the format of the _MUX_*_OPTIONS files to the new JSON input format necessary for MkvMerge v21+.
- Adapted the way the informations are retrieved from the input MKV due to the new JSON output of MkvInfo v21+.
- Bug introduced in v1.5: The complete 2D subtitle stream was muxed instead of the forced-only stream.
- Fix for new tool Combine two XMP/PNG Streams Together: The values in the <Description> section of the XML were sometimes wrong
- Added the option "Attach some project files as doc" to enable or disable the attachments in the final MKV.
- Added Tools -> Check an audio file for Cinavia (Requires CinDe.exe. See the Help menu.)
- Updated the MkvToolnix exes to the latest version (v22). ATTENTION: BD3D2MK3D REQUIRES now MkvMerge v21 or greater!
- Updated x264 to the latest version (v0.155.2901). x264 is now the same exe for 8 and 10-bit colour depth encoding.
- Updated x265 to the latest version (2.7+3)
Download latest version: BD3D2MK3D.7z

Last edited by r0lZ; 24th April 2018 at 09:30.