View Single Post
Old 25th December 2018, 20:08   #153  |  Link
Cesarleeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Thought I'd post an update on the BD-RB's UHD-BD processing.

I've completed and tested the HEVC muxing routines and all is well. BD-RB corrects the TSMUXER M2TS for HEVC output and replaces the MPLS and CLPI files (corrupt due to TSMUXERs HEVC muxing issue) with those internally generated by BD-RB. The output works perfectly on my Sony UHD player.

Now I am making modifications to the import routines so they will also correct for TSMUXERs actions. It's not as easy as you may think, since I still need TSMUXER to combine multi-part playlists during import and to mux the other (non-hevc) streams. I've also done research on how BDs handle DolbyVision streams. An extra video track containing the DolbyVision data is muxed as a separate stream into the M2TS file. Since TSMUXER has no awareness of that stream (it thinks it's just another secondary video) I have to go back through my code and make changes so that it can be integrated properly into output. I'm not sure how long that will take -- but I don't expect it to be extensive.

All in all things are moving along -- albeit slowly. I may get a version out for testing in the next few days, but at the latest I'll get it out by EOY.
Hey jdobbs, thanks so much for your work.

Iīve been a long time tsmuxer user, our bluray market in Spain is quite abandoned, so i learnt how to create my own custom blurays which iīve been doing, as i said, during many years.

The UHD market is even worst, we donīt even get the Disney movies (no Star Wars, no Marvel) or things like John Wick, Valerian or The Fifth Element, so my mind couldnīt stop thinking about custom uhd movies, and that is how i end up here, in this forum and in this thread.

Iīll be looking forward for your tool, and yet again, thanks so much for your work.
Cesarleeds is offline   Reply With Quote