View Single Post
Old 5th June 2013, 20:25   #19029  |  Link
raul31

madvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
I'll give some answers to keep madshi free to keep up the good work. These have been covered many times in this thread and I don't think madshi needs to keep answering.

(hardware acceleration):
It sounds like you want "none" to me. This is what I use as well, all the other options use the GPU. The "hardware" doing the acceleration is on the GPU.

RGB Output Levels:
Untouched, leave converting color spaces to MadVR.

Dithering Mode:
Random unless you plan to re-encode the output. Random is visually higher quality but it does not encode as well.

You can turn on Yadif in LAV for software deinterlacing, I use video mode for real interlaced video (30i in my case).

All you need to do in LAV to keep the GPU free is to use "none" for hardware acceleration and don't use any shader scripts in MPC-HC.
thanks a lot asmodian!
though i would have loved to hear madshi's thoughts as well as i do see him replying to new users of madvr... no matter how simple the question. a bit disappointed.

i understand what u r saying regarding LAV filters. thank u.
btw, what is "shader scripts in MPC-HC?" & how do i avoid them?

now that u have explained to me how i can get the LAV filters powered by the CPU only, how do i get madVR working with the Nvidia Gpu exclusively?
because i mean like how do i know that madvr is instead being powered by the intel integrated graphics?

thanks a lot!
raul31 is offline   Reply With Quote