View Single Post
Old 13th June 2016, 20:05   #15  |  Link
Blitzker

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
i think most people would be happy with full madVR support for all the subtitle related feature it offers.
and of cause support for all major subtitle formats. DVD subtiles what ever the name is, pgs, ass and srt.
There is a basic support for movable subtitles (SRT) already implemented but full madVR support is of course the goal.

As for DVD and pgs subtitles, and not sure about that. AssFilterMod is based on libass for the rendering of subtitles and supporting those bitmap formats would
need major work. I won't say no for now but its surely not gonna be soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlar42 View Post
Rendering at output resolution is particularly relevant for me. Seeing 720p quality subs when watching on a 1080 screen is terrible. I can't imagine how bad they must look on a 4k screen.
Yes, the 720p or 1080p subs rendered at 4k can indeed look bad. The problem is that rendering them at 4k require much more processing and can make more complex subtitles lag. Implementing native video resolution would avoid that lag at the cost of reduced quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlar42 View Post
Thanks for working on this. I wish you all the luck possible on this project.
Thanks, its a fun project to work on!