View Single Post
Old 13th September 2005, 12:17   #26  |  Link
Egh

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis
Wow, you are one angry dude.

You don't have to use bleeding edge beta versions of software the day after they come out. Run thorough tests every upgrade and stick to a stable version for a few weeks if you can't handle betas. If you think recode is better, go ahead and use it, no one's going to stop you.
In fact I was using Nero Recode for complicated sources, and that was good. Somehow I ask myself why I even came back to x264 now? The source was clean, so i thought that at least here it won't provide any complications... As if.... In fact the only problem of Nero is it's AVS support, or lack of thereof. Well, of course solution is encoding into lossless format and then feeding the avi into Nero. In fact l33t encoders do that, and I have too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis
If you have a constant framerate you can always generate a timecode file. All you need is to make a text file with:
Code:
# timecode format v1
Assume 29.970
Or whatever your framerate is. Add your video and the timecode into mkvmerge gui and poof, correct timecodes. You may not even need to do that if mmg recalculates timecodes anyway.
Don't you tell me that. Before telling me this, you should have looked at timecodes and generally blocks information in the encoded mkv file. Links on rapidshare hosted file were posted previously. I can get zillions of timecode files, the actual problem is that it need to replace those *inside* the mkv. And if you suggesting ripping the h264 stream out of that mkv... Do you really think i didn't try this?? Of course it rips, only ripped stream is garbage at the end...
Egh is offline   Reply With Quote