Thread: VirtualDub2
View Single Post
Old 31st October 2019, 07:27   #915  |  Link
TlatoSMD

How do I get third-party VDub processing plugins to work in VirtualDub2?

I'm on Windows 10 Professional Home 64-bit. I've been using old VDub 32-bit up until a few weeks ago, because none of the plugins ever worked in old VDub 64-bit. But now, some recent Microsoft update has made it so the 32-bit version of old VDub doesn't load up anymore, so I've decided to give VirtualDub2 a try.

But the same problem persists in VirtualDub2: Not a single one of my many third-party plugins (mainly MSU plugins, Logoaway, and Tacosalad's Dotcrawl, but overall they add up to 34 different plugins) are successfully loaded in VirtualDub2. When I try to add any of those plugins manually inside of the VirtualDub plugin list, I'm getting the error message, "This is not a Win32 application". Plus, also VirtulDub2 only appears on my screen in the 64-bit version, not in the 32-bit version which, just like old VDub does now, only loads in the background but never shows up on screen and which I then have to manually kill by means of Windows taskmanager.

I've consulted the official Wiki on Sourceforge, but the only bit on plugins there looks like I'd have to learn programming first to fix this issue.

So, how to actually make third-party plugins load in VirtualDub2? Note that this is not a question on how to make any of those plugins work in an AVIsynth script, it's simply about how to use them in VirtualDub2 itself like within old VDub. And it's still the same old 8-bit color per channel, 4:2:2 and 4:2:0 video files that I'm trying to use those filters on.

Without those third-party processing plugins, VirtualDub2 will be pretty much useless for me. I'd really hate to abandon Avery Lee's cool tool after it's been more than 15 years, just because it's suddenly borked now. VirtualDub2 without those third-party plugins would be pretty much nothing but a fancy converter such as XMedia Recode and would lack any right to exist next to those for me.

Last edited by TlatoSMD; 31st October 2019 at 07:54.
TlatoSMD is offline   Reply With Quote