View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2019, 23:16   #57675  |  Link
exuvo

I recently added a new graphics card to my computer, a RX 5700 XT on PCIE3x8, in parallel with my older Radeon R9 290X on PCIE3x4. Both work fine with madVR except with the 5700 card it takes an additional 2 seconds to start video playback compared to the old card with exactly the same madVR settings. Seems unrelated to the file being played. I assumed this was shader cache related and tried clearing that from Radeon settings but nothing changed. I enabled "delay playback start until render queue is full" to avoid dropping frames at the start for now but would rather remove the delay.

Start time from when MPC-HC window appears to video playing:
On display connected to R9 290X: 1.3s
On display connected to RX 5700 XT: 3.1s

OS Windows 7 64-bit

Any ideas what could be causing it and how I could fix it?

I also seem to have been hit by coil whine with NGU (very high is very noticeable, others are slightly audible) but can almost completely (only audible if room is quiet or ear next to computer) resolve that by setting "don't flush after intermediate render steps". Combined with lowering GPU powerlimit to -50% (still plenty of performance left) it completely removes the coil whine (barely audible with ear next to GPU).
exuvo is offline   Reply With Quote