View Single Post
Old 5th June 2019, 14:30   #56502  |  Link
neodraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Yeah you either have hardware or software instability. I assume that you've gamed on the 2080 yeah? If so that rules out problems with the hardware..
You should look first at uninstalling your graphics drivers with DDU and reinstalling, this isn't a issue with madVR, it's your system that's at fault.
Wouldn't hurt to run a System File Check too if you're still having issues after reinstalling the GPU driver.
Also, wouldn't hurt to reset settings for whatever media player you're using along with madVR, try that first.
Hi,

I did everything you mentionned: remove the drivers with DDU, install them back, reset PotPlayer and MadVR settings, I did a system file check which found and fix a problem.
As @tp4tissue asked, I also did a 15mn GPU test with Furmark without problem.

But as soon as I put back the setting I use in MadVR, this made my PC crash when I went into fullscreen with H.264 files.

I did more tests, and pinpointed the settings that make my PC crash :

In the MadVR settings, when super-xdr or NGU are activated in the chrome and image upscaling, if both "sharpen edges" and "thin edges" are activated at the same time in the upscaling refinement, then this will make my PC crash when entering fullscreen using H.264 files (that usually works fine with H.265 files).

So for the moment if I only activate "sharpen edges" or "thin edges" (not both at the same time), then that works.

Are those settings incompatible ?
neodraig is offline   Reply With Quote