View Single Post
Old 27th June 2005, 17:12   #15  |  Link
MOmonster

@yaz
Ok, I dowloaded your clips. What a strange conversation, a soft picture, but no analoge noise and not to heavy artefacts. Iīll take a closer look, if I have a little bit more time.
Why decimating to 24fps?
In most cases the original has 24fps and than converted with strange conversations like temporal fieldshifting fielddoubling and of course fieldblending to 25 or 29,976fps. You see it shoulnīt be 24fps, but 23,976fps. Sometimes the original has only 17fps and one time I have a source, that was already speed upped to 25fps before the strange conversation. So we canīt say that it is general right to decimate the clip to 24fps. So you have to decide, if the 25fps output looks already smooth enough for you, there is no need to decimate. If the 24fps decimated clip have a smoother motion for you, than you can decimate and than speed up the source to 25fps, that you have your pal standard.

As I said before the modded version works not so good till now. I already have another condition function for Cdeintmod. It works better than now and with the right settings already better than the silent Cdeint with tfm. I will update the function, if I have a little bit more time, till now itīs recommed to use the non modded version.

I also think about another modified version that is not only able to use one of two, but is able to use one of three frames to save more clear fields, but I have no such strange sources. Weīll see, what brings us the future.

Last edited by MOmonster; 27th June 2005 at 17:43.
MOmonster is offline   Reply With Quote