View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2018, 22:28   #279  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Hi Maal656

For your short sample it is indeed simple to split the correct chapter-parts. And yes with a real movie exists many more hidden chapters(cut-points).
Only with the mkv to determine which chapters have to split is possible but a big task.

When you cut on a chapter point, which is not the start or end time of an m2ts/VobID, then maybe MTX can not cut correctly (Key frame issue).
Best way is to cut on the original m2ts(VobID)-durations but this info is for the single mkv not available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maal656 View Post
In VCL it is possible to select the second edition but then fails (I think there is a bug...)
Yes it is a bug, more then one. I test sometimes my TNG Bluray mkv files. Sometimes the main-mkv starts and I can switch between the editions, sometimes hangs VLC or crash. An older VLC version 2.x works a bit better.

Some players like mpv(and VLC) has Matroska Medium-Linking support whereby it is possible to separate the editions in a new very small extra mkv(mostly less 1mb).
All content of the second edition is linked via ordered chapters in this extra mkv.
So you don't need to cut the mkv file.

Mmmh... this change a bit my mind about "in a far future". It should not so complicated to generate such "extra-edition-mkv's" with the cE.

I'm sure Mosu can't help you with the ordered chapter topic and such a support for MTX is for the moment not planed.

Last edited by hubblec4; 3rd January 2018 at 22:42.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote