View Single Post
Old 8th December 2008, 11:31   #5  |  Link
Mike Chen

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post

I was trying to find out what the "makemkvcon.exe" program is. I'm guessing it's called by the "makemkv.exe" program to perform the conversions to MKV. Am I correct?
makemkvcon.exe is a console engine, makemkv.exe is a GUI for it. console version is not quite useful at the moment, so just use makemkv.exe .

Quote:

May I ask, which, if any, recent "XProtect" and "RipGuard" copy protected standard DVDs on which you've successfully tested this really good looking program?
It was tested on many discs, however I'm not sure which recent titles use abovementioned protections. The program has a very simple and effective algorithm to deal with structure protections - it is easier to extract audio/video data then repair IFO files, so it should work. This part of discussion probably is OT here and should be moved to decryption forum.

Quote:

Should one infer from this statement that BluRay and HD format support is not free?
Some advanced Blu-ray and Hd-dvd functionality will not be free. All features present in the beta version are free and will stay free. For Blu-ray it means MKB v.7 and below, no BD+, no subtitles and chapters.

Please keep in mind that the program is still in beta stage and be merciful.
Mike Chen is offline   Reply With Quote