View Single Post
Old 30th December 2005, 20:29   #911  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
At the risk of biting off more than i can chew, is anyone working on this? And more importantly, does anyone mind if i do take a crack at this?
I don't think so. What is needed/expected? The GUI design basically comes from early January 04 when I made the first release (phew, it's about time I can celebrate the first birthday of my very first dvd backup software).. the grouping was based on what at that time made sense to me. Since then, there have been many new options, some that came and went again, others that stuck.. at this point a different grouping probably makes more sense as new options keep getting added where there's free space, not necessarily at a place that would be most logical. I would suggest you attack the first two tabs first, leaving the whole zones thing alone (it's quite complex and I have some plans for that when it comes to cutting via avisynth). Do not be afraid to change the size of the dialog to better accomodate a more sensible grouping of the available options.

And then there's the new --bime option (which I guess would make the most sense when grouped together with other b-frame related options).

Also, looking at the poll, I propose that we permanently move to .NET 2.0.. so that new development can make full use of the new goodies of the new platform, and we can attack the removal of deprecated code and get rid of all the warnings.