View Single Post
Old 19th May 2003, 19:20   #14  |  Link
mikewillnot

This is still a bit confusing. Let me do this more carefully. With this flick, Wallace & Gromit, I have a three-episode movie-only version, with newly created IFOs, that was my starting point using this guide. In VTS_01_0.IFO / VTS_PGCITI / VTS_PGC_1 / PGC Program Map section, it showed a total of 35 programs, and 48 cells. Following this guide, that section ends up reading

Program_1: Entry Cell Number 1
Program_2: Entry Cell Number 15
Program_3: Entry Cell Number 32
--- AND
Program_[4-35]: Entry Cell Number 0

Cell 48 doesn't show up in the PGC Program Map section. Below that section, there is a "Cell Playback:" section, with detailed information for each of the 48 cells. None of your "delete" options are available there. Below that, there is a "Cell Position in VOB" table. None are available there, either.

Back to the PGC Program Map section, I know from the VTS Overview that the last cell, 48, is the problem one, .15 seconds. The last program on the list, though, is 35, with entry cell ID 0. I don't remember if the original Program 35 originally included more than one cell or not. If I right-click on Program 35, I get the "Delete Program" option you described. My question, I guess, is how do I get at that particular cell?

One possibility is like in step 2, above, change Program 4 (or possibly Program 35) so that it has entry cell 48, and then try the "Delete Program" on that. Do you think that would do the trick?

In the process, I somehow screwed up my IFOs completely, and I'm re-creating them right now. I'll test the idea out when it's done.

---UPDATE---
Actually, recreating IFOs and going through this guide again opened up a new possibility: doing the other guide FIRST (that is, steps 11+), BEFORE these steps -- while the Program Map is in its original form. Doing this, I first deleted Program/Cell 48, then re-did the chapter structure as in this guide. I'll test it tonight & see what happens. ODD NOTE: I ended up with 47 items in VTS_01_0.IFO / VTS_PGCITI / VTS_PGC_1 / PGC Program Map section, but still showing 48 in the VTS Overview. I'm thinking I'll delete playback on 48 in the Overview, just to be safe.

---2ND UPDATE ---
Nevermind. This (deleting program) didn't fix the hang problem. I don't know what's causing it. I'm just going to insert a fake chapter at the end, and live with it.

Last edited by mikewillnot; 20th May 2003 at 18:03.
mikewillnot is offline   Reply With Quote