View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2014, 09:03   #18  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I have still some questions about the audio formats.

In bdparse.h (from the sources of bdtools 1.5), I see this:
Code:
#define BD_AUDIO_FORMAT_MONO                1
#define BD_AUDIO_FORMAT_STEREO              3
#define BD_AUDIO_FORMAT_MULTI_CHAN          6
#define BD_AUDIO_FORMAT_COMBO               12  // Stereo ac3/dts, 
                                                // multi mlp/dts-hd

#define BD_AUDIO_RATE_48                    1
#define BD_AUDIO_RATE_96                    4
#define BD_AUDIO_RATE_192                   5
#define BD_AUDIO_RATE_192_COMBO             12  // 48 or 96 ac3/dts
                                                // 192 mpl/dts-hd
#define BD_AUDIO_RATE_96_COMBO              14  // 48 ac3/dts
                                                // 96 mpl/dts-hd
I don't understand the BD_AUDIO_FORMAT_COMBO. Is it stereo when the coding type is AC3 or DTS, and multichannel when the coding type is DTS-HD? And to what coding type corresponds the MLP format?

Similarly, the two BD_AUDIO_RATE_*_COMBO are difficult to understand. Is it also a different rate depending on the coding type? And what means MPL? Typo?

I would also like to know if it is possible to retrieve the exact number of channels from the MPLS. The mono and stereo formats are simple, but for the multi-channels and combo formats, is it a way to know for sure the exact number of channels without having to look in the M2TS?

Another question regarding the IG streams. In all BDs, there are usually some playlists with the same M2TS repeated about 100 times. They are obviously looping menus. In that menus, I was expecting to find a non-zero number of IG streams, but apparently it's not the case. There are no PG streams either. Is it normal? (I don't know at all how the menus are handled internally so it's certainly a basic question, but I would like to understand even if I don't need that info for BD3D2MK3D.)

I would also like to know in what 3D BD I can find an example of a playlist with secondary video and audio, or with a PIP video. (I have seen an example of PIP previously, but I don't remember what movie it was.)

Last edited by r0lZ; 22nd September 2014 at 09:05.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote