View Single Post
Old 4th September 2014, 18:21   #1  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

file format of the MPLS extensions for 3D playlists

When helping to debug BD3D2MK3D, Thalyn has noticed that there is a big bug in the output of tsMuxeR 3D when it analyses the MPLS files. (I can't give a link because that was a conversation by PMs.) tsMuxeR shows the subtitles sorted in the order of their PIDs instead of in the order of the playlist, used by all player programs. And it assigns the 3D-plane numbers (found in the 3D extensions of the playlist) in the order of the PIDs instead of in the order of the playlist. That's the bug. Therefore, the 3D-plane assigned to a specific subtitle stream is sometimes wrong (although not often because usually the order of the streams in the playlist is identical to the order of the PIDs).

After some investigation, I have the certainty that Thalyn is right. Since tsMuxeR 3D is not developed any more, I will have to parse the MPLS file myself to find the correct order of the streams and the 3D-planes.

I can easily parse the "2D part" of the MPLS and retrieve the streams, because it's relatively well documented. But I don't know at all the format of the extensions, and specifically of the extension used to store the 3D-planes (called "STN table SS" in bdedit). Currently, I know only how to find the start of the extension section in the file (from the pointer at address 18 in the file), but I don't know how to find the "STN table SS" in the extension section, and the exact format of the data contained in the table (although it seems that it's a simple list of integer values).

I'm also interested in the SubPath entries extension, that lists the file names of the M2TS file(s) containing the MVC stream(s), but it's less important for me, and anyway, I suppose that the logic to find the tables within the extension section is identical for all tables.

Someone can help? Any pointer will be much appreciated.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote