View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:42   #2326  |  Link
Furiousflea

jdobbs, you might want to remove the minimum m2ts size that gets encoded that is imposed on BD25 encodes. Just came up against a quirk as a result of it.

I am encoding the Bluray "Rent". The extras on the disc are all encoded in MPEG-2. When I run it through BD-Rebuilder it obviously spits out MPEG-4. The problem is that there are mpls playlists that reference to both the MPEG-4 encoded parts that are over a certain size (I'm guessing your limit is 100mb), and the ones which are under that size which are still in MPEG-2 format copied untouched.

I don't know if this would cause a problem or not on playback but I did load the disc through EAC3TO and it complains about this and I suspect it would have playback problems on most standalone players?

Maybe a removal of the limit altogether? Or an analysis to see what m2ts are referenced\linked in an mpls playlist so that they are all encoded?

For all I know it might not be a problem at all...Can 2 different video codecs exist on the same track across a single MPLS file? I suspect not...
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote