Thread: XviD FAQ
View Single Post
Old 20th September 2010, 22:55   #27  |  Link
crusty
Ahhh....Nuts!!

Just wanna say hi

Hi all..been away from this forum for many years. But I'm very honoured to see my FAQ in the top 10 Google hits on 'XviD FAQ' even though I haven't ripped a DVD in ages. I'm sorry my original site is down, but the trained monkeys maintaining it aren't being fed enough peanuts. Very glad somebody mirrored it. I see some derivate work has been made from my FAQ, and whoever has done it, kudos to you..you got my full authorization to use it, adopt it, and improve on it any way you bloody well feel like. If I have let anybody down by disappearing off the scene just like that, I apologize....I just felt at the time that my work was done and that I really didn't have the stuff to make more real considerable contributions on the subject.

I'm pretty sure the really hot stuff is in x264 work nowadays, back then we didnt have the computing power to encode it really (or the bandwidth to communicate it). Greetings to Syskin, Koepi, and all the other people from back then (that I can't remember but did help immensely on the FAQ) for making the FAQ possible.

If you're interested on helping out on another FAQ..I'm thinking about making a new one about WiFi, cuz the ones I read on WiFi so far aren't really earth-shattering. Just go to my wikipedia talk page if you're interested (and wikipedia doesn't shut me down for some obscure violation of terms lol)