View Single Post
Old 5th June 2010, 19:07   #1817  |  Link
mremulator

Hello to all... first post here, been waiting 5 days to post about this.

I'm also having problems with DTS, DTS-MA & DTS-MA (core only) with ffdshow (latest) Haali/Gabtest (latest).

Basically, I have 2 rigs... main rig = i7 920, Nvidia GTX280 (x3) & Sound Blaster PCI-E Titanium. HTPC = I3 530 & ATI HD5570.

Anyway, no matter what I do on my Nvidia rig (optical out to Denon AVR-1909 receiver) it will not play nice with DTS-MA (core only). The DTS light is on but I get no channels lit up/no sound, even with DTS HD unchecked in ffdshow. I also get drop-outs with a regular DTS track.

It seems that ffdshow and Haali/Gabtest seem not to be passing DTS MA (core only) from a MA track properly to the receiver via S/PDIF or HDMI??

However, I can get the full DTS MA track working on my Radeon 5570 rig (HDMI out to Pioneer LX60 receiver), but not core only (DTS HD unchecked in ffdshow). The DTS light goes bonkers on my Pioneer receiver and the audio cuts in and out rapidly. I also get drop-outs with a regular DTS track too on this machine.

As my Nvidia rig only has a standard soundcard (no HD audio) I can't watch an MKV with a DTS HD MA track (core only). As mentioned above, DTS also plays up on both rigs.

What is up with ffdshow/MKV splitters at the moment?

Thanks

Last edited by mremulator; 5th June 2010 at 19:51.
mremulator is offline   Reply With Quote