View Single Post
Old 9th September 2008, 04:02   #1012  |  Link
skystrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by techouse View Post
Ranguvar:
I guess you got GCC-4.3.2 from TDM's website and have overwritten all your old files with the new ones from TDM's zip/tar.gz packages. The problem is that the gcc-4.3.2-tdm-1-core.tar.gz package includes pthreadGC2.dll and pthreadGCE2.dll in its /bin folder, libpthreadGCE2.a, libpthreadGC2-static.a and libpthread.a in its /lib folder and pthread.h, sched.h and semaphore.h in its /include folder. You probably copied over those files to your MinGW /bin, your MinGW /include and your MinGW /lib folder folder.
I suggest you remove all these files, get the latest pthread cvs (cvs -d server:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/pthreads-win32 checkout pthreads), compile (make clean GC-static) and install it (copy libpthreadGC2.a to your MinGW /lib folder and copy pthread.h, sched.h and semaphore.h to your MinGW /iclude folder). That way you will eliminate the need of x264.exe for an extra pthreadGC2.dll in C:\Windows\System32.
Trust me on this one, I had the same problem.

I also suggest you people update your GPAC libraries. Many have reported errors building it from CVS, however I have found a nasty trick that actually works:
1. download the old stable tarball from here http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gpa...4.4-rc2.tar.gz
2. once it is downloaded, extract it to your MSYS /home/username folder and cd into it (i.e. cd /home/username/gpac)
3. while inside the gpac folder get the latest GPAC CVS using the command cvs -z3 -dserver:anonymous@gpac.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/gpac co -P gpac
4. run ./configure && make lib
5. copy /home/username/gpac/include/gpac to your MinGW /include folder

P.S.: If this doesn't work for you try it in your /home folder (i.e. /home/gpac).

This, as far as I can tell, does not build the new library (for GPAC).

Look at it this way: if you extract the old library source to ~/gpac, and then cd to ~/gpac, checking out from cvs using that command will put the NEW GPAC source in ~/gpac/gpac.

So, when you configure and make in ~/gpac, you're building the old libraries that you extracted, and not the ones you checked out. If you cd to ~/gpac/gpac, you'll find the new library there with its own configure. If you try to make the new library, it will fail.

tl;dr: making GPAC in mingw still doesn't work, unless I misunderstand your method.

EDIT: also, lol @ the massive amounts of patches circulating. More patches != better; a lot of this stuff hasn't been comitted for a reason. I'm fine with playing with the patches, but some of these (as explained by DS on #x264) make changes that don't make sense or changes that only apply to VfW.

Last edited by skystrife; 9th September 2008 at 04:05.
skystrife is offline   Reply With Quote