View Single Post
Old 4th June 2005, 22:42   #1  |  Link
jeryll

.NET(1.1) based x264CLI GUI

requirements:
MS .NET Framework 1.1 (probably don't work under MS .NET Framework 2.0 beta 1 (as reported by guada 2) - reason unknown)
latest x264CLI.exe - download it here - (must be in same directory as GUI - must be named x264.exe)
Avisynth ...

BETA state ...
source available on demand
(just send me PM with email and I sent it to you - but I warn you - this code is uncommented (and badly written - so no learn from it ))

use it ONLY for testing purposes ...
It MAY or MAY NOT work for you

(at least for me it work with no problems so try it ... but do not complain too much ... (I may (or may not) have time to fix ... of course I post corrected (enhanced) version if I (or you) find bug ... or new important feature will be added to x264CLI.exe)

Don't expect too much from it ... it is simple as I want it ... no fancy preview windows ... etc ... only basic queuing ... if you interrupt encoding ... and start encoding again with same jobs - it start from begining ... after interupting it always start from begining ...

ehm ... I'm not very skilled in video encoding "things" ... so there may be missing options in setup ... if I miss something important ... just say it here and explain it ...

remember ... this is home made product for my own use ... so if you find it usefull for you ... be happy ... I'll be too ...

Pictures:

ok ... thanks for comments ... I made some improvements ... here is new version

changelog: (all versions you can now download HERE >>> link <<< ) thank you, bob0r

todo:
------------------------
total rewrite (internal code structure) of whole gui - (10%)

Code:
v 0.1.9 beta
------------
FEATURE: added textbox (on "Zones + Other" tab), where you can enter your additional (future?) x264 commands
FEATURE: gui now can save log files (located in subdirectory logs) based on output to "x264 log" tab
	 1. log will be written always if all jobs in queue are done or after interrupting by user (based on status of checkbox "write x264.log" on "Zones + Other" tab)
	 2. each time you right click to "x264 log" tab and choose "Save log!" from context menu
CHANGE: changed internal structure for file with gui settings, it is incompatible with previous version - to avoid GUI crash you MUST DELETE OLD gui settings!

v 0.1.8 beta
------------
BUGFIX: when all partition options are unchecked (in "codec" tab and in "zones + other" tab) into commandline is generated only "--analyse " (thanks to LigH)
BUGFIX: partition analysing options switching profile problems (thanks to MatMaul)
CHANGE: if 8x8dct is deselected, i8x8 is "grayed ..." (thanks to Sharktooth)
CHANGE: removed "fast 1 pass" checkbox (little confusing for some users to have two 1st pass modes)
FEATURE: added 2 "new" enc. modes: "1F pass ABR" + "1F pass CQ" (because of removed "fast 1 pass" checkbox)
FEATURE: gui now show elapsed and estimated time to end of running job

v 0.1.71 beta
-------------
BUGFIX: removed extra b-frame controls (used in testing speedup feature for a2p, a3p - thanks to Sharktooth)

v 0.1.7 beta
------------
CHANGE: --qpmin --qpmax are no longer generated into commandline if no other values are used as x264.exe defaults
CHANGE: removed bitrate value from profiles (less trouble if you work a lot with profiles and you have saved various bitrate values in various profiles)
CHANGE: changed internal structure for profiles, they are incompatible with previous version - to avoid gui crash you MUST DELETE OLD profiles!
CHANGE: changed internal structure for file with gui settings, it is incompatible with previous version - to avoid GUI crash you MUST DELETE OLD gui settings!
CHANGE: little GUI rearrange ...
FEATURE: added -none and -all options into codec tab (usable in partition analysing - if used - only --analyse all or --analyse none is generated to commandline - thanks to Sharktooth, MatMaul)
FEATURE: added special controls for speedup in 1 pass for a2p, a3p automatic generated jobs (if used - they have always priority over your codec settings - but only in 1 pass for a2p or a3p ...) - so now you have chance assign your values and change them if you want - your settings here are saved on GUI exit - (see "Zones + Other" tab - thanks to Sharktooth)
BUGFIX: typo in commandline generation (generated " --bframe " instead of " --bframes")

v 0.1.6 beta
------------
CHANGE: little rearrange in GUI, little rename ...
CHANGE: encoding process now output job start and stop date + time to tab "x264log" + "Jobs"
FEATURE: codec profiles (see readme.txt in zip)
FEATURE: support for custom quant. matrices *.cfg (--cqmfile) and for x264.exe builtin matrices (flat, jvt)
BUGFIX: --fps was not generated into commandline (thanks to leowai)

v 0.1.5 beta
------------
CHANGE: improved usable range of --qp (you can now use --qp 0 (lossless)) 
CHANGE: encoding process now output job start and stop time to tab "x264log"
FEATURE: fast 1 pass - (this is applicable only for normal 1 pass ABR or 1 pass CQ (because of simple commandline generation routine (and I don't have time now to rewrite this)), but you can simple (as always) create your multi "x" - pass job manually - it is only few mouse clicks :) - thanks to cheburashka, JoeBG)
FEATURE: shutdown PC (FORCED) after all jobs finished - (works only in WIN XP with shutdown.exe in your system32 directory - thanks to Mc Onyx)
BUGFIX: i8x8 independent usage (before it can be used only with --8x8dct and can't be turned off while --8x8dct is in use) - (thanks to Sharktooth)

v 0.1.4 beta
------------
CHANGE: minor changes in some controls (improved usable range, increment, etc., thanks to LigH)
CHANGE: minor changes in command line generator (generation of defaults used in x264.exe (mostly) removed)
CHANGE: renamed "aut. 2 pass" to "a2p", "aut. 3 pass" to "a3p (1-3-3)"
FEATURE: added button in bitrate calculator, so you can now manually recalculate bitrate (before is based on mousemove event)
FEATURE: added --subme 6 (thanks to Sharktooth)
FEATURE: added automatic 3 pass job generation with sequence (1pass-3pass-2pass) - "a3p (1-3-2)" (thanks to LigH)
BUGFIX: fixed bug in automatic source time length calculating routine - if in your WIN locale enviroment is used other decimal separator as dot (thanks to LigH)

v 0.1.3 beta
------------
FEATURE: added source properties (x:y, fps,no. of frames, time length) recognition (based on feedback from x264.exe)
FEATURE: added automatic source time length loading into bitrate calculator (so you need not do this manually)
FEATURE: progressbar (based on feedback from x264.exe, so you must have --progress in your job commandline to have working progressbar)
BUGFIX: fixed bug in bitrate calculator (if you change "feed BR to" to x264 with no values you get error "Input string was not in a correct format" - thanks to lexor)

v 0.1.2 alpha
-------------
CHANGE: most of settings in GUI pre-set to the cli default (thanks sharktooth)
CHANGE: some tooltips here and there added ...
FEATURE: added experimental automatic 2 and 3 pass job(s) generation - with same settings for all (2 or 3) passes (thanks sharktooth)
BUGFIX: some bugfixes (p4x4 requires p8x8)

v 0.1.1 alpha
-------------
CHANGE: removed unused commands and controls (thanks akupenguin)
CHANGE: some tooltips here and there added ...
CHANGE: reorganized controls on setup, setup2 tab
FEATURE: --ipratio (thanks akupenguin)
FEATURE: --8x8dct option + i8x8 too (thanks sharktooth)
BUGFIX: some bugfixes (--qcomp not added on first pass)

jeryll

Last edited by jeryll; 22nd July 2005 at 10:07. Reason: some info added
jeryll is offline   Reply With Quote