View Single Post
Old 7th September 2008, 17:32   #6107  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
I asked earlier, but it probably got forgotten in all the posts
You got a reply to your question *directly* under your question. Put your glasses back on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkodi View Post
i know for only two problematic samples:

- Edward Scissorhands Blu-ray DTS-HD MA 3/1 track
- Q-tec Hi-Definition Reference Demo Disc DTS-HD MA track
Edward will work with the next eac3to version and all channels will have the correct volume, but the surround channel will not be bit perfect (the other 3 channels will be bit perfect) when decoding with ArcSoft. Decoding with Sonic will result in all channels being bit perfect with the next eac3to version.

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about the Hi-Def demo DTS track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastie Boy View Post
This doesn't work for me. If I specify a bitrate, eac3to errors with 'This audio conversion is not supported'.
Strange, it works for me. Please post your command line and the full eac3to log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
Standards DTS-ES (encoded with DTS PRO SERIES SURROUND ENCODER) are decoded by libav and Arcsoft like 5.1 (with Cs mixed in Ls-Rs).
I don't think that's right. DTS-ES Matrix is decoded as 5.1 by all decoders. DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 is correctly decoded to 6.1 by the ArcSoft decoder, I think (if you're sure that I'm wrong here I'd be happy about a sample). The Sonic decoder decodes DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 to either 5.1 or 6.1, depending on which channel extension is used. Sonic supports 6.1 XCh, but not 6.1 XXCh. libav DTS decoding is generally limited to 5.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarian View Post
Okay, I reran the thing again (adding -sonic, too). And this was the result:

+ DTS-Core
- frameSize 2012
- DTS-ES +
- channelNo 6
- lfe 1
- channelDescr 6.1
- samplingRate 48000
- bitDepth 24
- bitrate 1536000
- dialNorm 4
- extAudio XXCh
- samplesPerFrame 512
- copyHistory 1
Yeah, that explains the problem. The Sonic DTS-Decoder doesn't support XXCh. That's why this DTS track is decoded as 5.1, only, while eac3to thought it would be decoded as 6.1. I guess I need to make eac3to aware of that Sonic sometimes decodes 6.1 as 5.1 and sometimes as 6.1... <sigh>

If possible, a small sample of the DTS track would be a nice addition for my sample collection.