View Single Post
Old 25th January 2011, 16:20   #42  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetanotherid View Post
At least I'm posting from experience, not quoting forum posts which probably aren't based on anything more than the same anecdotal evidence you're offering.
You did not post any on-topic informations, you just posted a scan of a 6 months old medium and another scan of an one day old medium. Then another 2 scans of one day media (now they are older ).

I posted a poll. Not me, but several dozens of people voted 42% that the quality of Verbatim decreased. That's impressive, isn't it?

I also posted some findings from fora I'm member. Of course, they are individual samples in a sea of possible alternatives. Yet the results for 3 years show a visible decrease in quality.

Whether google was helpful or not doesn't change the main facts. Google just intermediates. Older DVDs had a better quality than todays' ones, and their reliability over time decreases in a slower pace than those of today. For CDs the things are even clearer, because the CD is almost dead. In max. 5 years the DVD will arrive at the same point where the CD stands today. And I'll compare the scans of (6+5 years old DVDs with those of only 5).

PS: this is not your thread, I don't have to answer your questions.