View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2011, 14:00   #27  |  Link
yetanotherid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetanotherid View Post
By the way, I posted yesterday's burn test as well as a six month old one because they're two different types of discs. Both Verbatim, but the 6 month old one is a standard disc while the one from yesterday is a printable disc. There's no evidence of a six month deterioration in quality there, it just happens that for some reason I always get slightly better quality burns using the standard discs, and I thought while I was uploading pictures I might as well pre-empt the opinionated contradiction which was bound to follow if I said so.
I guess there's no pre-empting total foolishness.
For example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
Wow, it was supposed to be vice-versa! You know, bigger is better is false here And the QSI of yesterday is of a lower quality than the Pio of 6 months ago.
Did you notice..... by any chance.... those two discs were also burned with different burners? Don't go mixing up your apples with kiwifruit again.
I guess I should have known better. I'd assumed I could have posted a couple of burns, both of which are of a high quality, explained why one was slightly better than the other, and end up with a response from an adult on the actual topic being discussed. Which if you recall was your claim that blank discs aren't of as good a quality as they used to be, including Verbatim.
So now you've had a chance to avoid the topic as you clapped your hands in glee over a quality difference even you must know is irrelevant when only comparing two burns made by different burners, how about you explain why either of them is of poor quality, irrespective of any minor difference between them, and whether they support or contradict your claim of Verbatim not making as good a quality DVD-R as they used to.

Last edited by yetanotherid; 23rd January 2011 at 18:10.
yetanotherid is offline   Reply With Quote