View Single Post
Old 4th June 2012, 10:28   #1316  |  Link
ionutm80

A/V out of sync if pause and resume

Hello Egur,

First of all I think you have done a fantastic job. I have struggled with pure dxva and all possible players and I never got read of severe macroblocking on some mkv (including XBMC). I'm currently using Win 7 MCE, x64, Intel Pentium G620,Intel Driver 2696, Shark007 Codec Pack with latest edition of FFDShow 4461 and Intel QS as main decoder for h264.
Everything is fine (CPU load 3-5%, excellent quality image and I don't have a problem with 24p ) except for one annoying thing: whenever I pause and resume an mkv 1080p or I skip to another moment in movie during playback I'm getting a/v out of sync (video goes ahead of audio). The strange thing is that if I leave the movie to play from the beginning w/o interfering (pause, resume, skip fwd) the a/v is perfectly syncronized until the end of the movie. Is it something that I do not set properly in FFDShow Audio / Video when I'm using QS or is it a bug related to Intel drivers? All my movies are on an external hdd connected through usb to my htpc computer (I'm not using network drives).
Another strange thing is that if I'm using QS from LAV codec I don't have these problems anymore but I do stumble into others: there is no image in full screen MCE only if I decrease the size a little from the top right square window icon and I cannot have external subtitles to work.

Thnaks in advance for your suggestions,

IM

Last edited by ionutm80; 4th June 2012 at 10:35.
ionutm80 is offline   Reply With Quote