View Single Post
Old 15th April 2009, 16:12   #2148  |  Link
schlaufer

Hi deank,

during my attempt to rebuild my HD DVD of Bourne Ultimatum as BD with the help of multiAVCHD, I've noticed a few things worth mentioning:

1. Off-by-1-bug when loading MPLS:
When I load a playlist for a movie with multiple sub-titles in different languages, the language codes are assigned wrong by multiAVCHD. The sequence deu-deu-eng-eng ist turned into unk-deu-deu-eng

2. Menu bug with PowerDVD 7 (may be PowerDVD or multiAVCHD related)
The XMB-menu works fine the first time I select a movie/chapter from it. But when I select menu from running movie, I can't navigate the menu any longer. I need to press STOP and start the BD again in order to be able to navigate.

3. Non-US-Chars in filenames bug.
If one of the BD directory structures is placed below a directory with a non-US char (in this particular case A-Umlaut), the file name is not correctly passed to tsMuxer. Not a big issue, but one has to be careful in naming directories.

4. Issues with MPEG2/480i extras
The extras are encoded in MPEG2 and have a resolution of 480i. TsMuxer muxes them fine and I can play the resulting m2ts w/o any issues in VLC, but when I play the corresponding movie in PD7, the image remains black (the chapter thumbnails are created fine, though). I can't remember, if I had the force/fixe resolution switch on in multiAVCHD, this may be the source of the problem.

5. DaemonTools/PD7 size issue
Not at all related to multiAVCHD but may cause grieve to others, so I mention it:
During testing, I create BD images with ImgBurn and mount them with Daemon Tools Lite to play them with PD7. There are at two conditions when PowerDVD refuses to recognise the mounted image:
a) the size of the image is smaller than 8.5GB (DVD9) or
b) I have a blank in the volume label of the image.

So far, thanks for the program and keep up with development at breath-taking pace!
schlaufer is offline   Reply With Quote