View Single Post
Old 5th April 2007, 12:26   #14  |  Link
Geremia

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnezami
Ok. So as I understand it: if you fill all unique parts of both firmwares (from the two different drives) with FF's you end up with exactly the same firmware and it can be flashed without error. If so then those people with the exact same drive type (btw are there different xbox 360 hd drive types on the market?) could already flash their drives with this patch.
exactly, at least for the only 2 flash dump i've, and it should be for all xbox360 drive with MC08 fw revision

Quote:
Its also possible there is another flash command to flash the unique parts. Or maybe it can't be read/write these areas when the chip is on the drive's board and some addresses maybe be hardware blocked/secured? I guess when we find a command to read the flash will we see how much it can read.
Yes, probably there are cdb commands to write unique data areas and cdb command to dump memory space (ram and flash), but there could be also a bad situation where such cdb does not exist. This case there should be 99% probably a cdb command to upload and execute custom code (trojan horse style).
I neesdsome time to take a look.