Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 16th September 2013, 09:43   #11  |  Link
IanB
Avisynth Developer

It's obvious you have done a lot of work and are quite keen. You say you want your changes accepted upstream, yet you randomise the location of files and you make copious white changes to the sources. Hell, I would have love to restructure the tree to the way I think it should be, but I resist that urge very strongly. If you want to contribute changes you need to make them easy, very easy, extremely very easy to incorporate back into the original tree. If I download and apply a set of patches and compare the changes and see a small handful of very neat, very tidy and very concise changes, I will probably show a fair amount of interest and actively review the changes, checking the boundary conditions, inspecting the performance and considering the side effects. If I download a set of patches and they won't even apply because the files and directories have been moved and/or renamed, I probably won't bother looking any further. And if I do look further and I find a pant load of spurious white changes hiding the important differences then almost certainly I won't bother investigating further.