View Single Post
Old 24th February 2014, 13:40   #9  |  Link
TheLostSkeleton

Okay, so, the black MP4 problem was caused because Vegas was latching on to Quicktime's MP4 decoder.

Now that I've disabled that, it's using Vegas' own internal MP4 decoder (mcmp4plug2.dll), which "works"... but now the M2TS->MP4 files break up like that example image.

The good news is, I figured out how to get it to stop spitting out AAC errors after encoding; I think I mixed up the order of some commands before. This gives me no errors about AAC encoding (but mpegts still complains about a "PES packet size mismatch"):

Code:
"F:\fraps\Roxio\ffmpeg.exe" -i %1 -c:v copy -c:a copy -flags +global_header -async 1 -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc %1.mp4
I could probably get rid of the global header thing, that was just something I added on a whim just to see if it would do anything.

Recompressing just using the -v:c mpeg4 doesn't work, x264 is one of those codecs that will take HOURS for a clip that's only a few minutes long... hmmmm.

It's super round-about, but it seems like I can copy everything to MP4, which VirtualDub has a much easier time opening and dealing with... and from there I guess I could recompress it to XVID. For whatever reason, Sony Vegas doesn't like the version of XVID used by FFMPEG, but it likes whatever version VirtualDub feeds in to. It used to be, back with my old 480i capture card, I'd take the raw captures and when I deinterlaced them/filtered them for clean-up, I'd also recompress them to XVID at max bitrate.

It's still slow, but 35 minutes to compress a 4 minute clip is a lot better than 2+ hours.

Not a clean solution, but it... works, I guess.
TheLostSkeleton is offline   Reply With Quote