View Single Post
Old 31st December 2003, 12:01   #1058  |  Link
CeeJay.dk

Quote:
Originally posted by len0x
Oops Bummer... I'll be switching to uninstall key of winrar then (couldn't find install key so far). Thanks for pointing it out. One down then
As I understand you're reading :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\WinRAR.exe\Path

While you should be reading :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\WinRAR.exe\@

I exported the section from my registry and it looks like this :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\WinRAR.exe]
@="C:\\Program Files\\WinRAR\\WinRAR.exe"
"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\WinRAR\\"

Previously "Path" pointed to a different path and it wouldn't work but I'm using the workaround now and so "Path" points to the folder that contains Winrar.exe

Now I have no problems encoding external subtitles .. other than that I'm currently unable to encode the subtitles from one of my DVD rips but I guess that is because I used DVDdecryptor 3.1.8.0 to rip it and as you say it has a slightly different format.

I'll wait until you release a version soon that is compatible with this new format.

External subtitles rocks btw .. Unlike subtitles that are encoded into the movie I can place theese under the moviepicture as God had intended it
This way they don't disturb the picture and the feature scales down gracefully as standalones simply leave them be.
I don't care about standalones anyway - I don't own one and neither do anyone I know. In fact I have never seen one and they are only sold in few places.
All the people I know watch Xvid/DivX movies on PC's , either using monitors or TVout.

Though you are going to encode the subtitles into the movie, could it be encoded like DirectVobSub renders it with the Poloygonize option turned ON ?
It looks much better this way , and I believe that this is the way that most subtitles look on the original DVD.

BTW Happy Newyears to all !

Cheers !
- CeeJay
CeeJay.dk is offline   Reply With Quote