View Single Post
Old 13th January 2006, 22:33   #80  |  Link
AgentX

First of all, MeGUI is really a great encoder GUI.
I was using GordianKnot for years, but right now MeGUI is light years ahead.

Nevertheless, there is some stuff that I'm missing and would make it even better.

General:
  • In video preview it should be possible to jump to a given frame-number.
  • Possibility to change Video Input/Output filename directly. Instead of having to open the browser. Useful when you just make tests with several bitrates and you want to add that number into the output filename.
  • Not sure if this was discussed before: Changing the video profile does change the previous bitrate. Well, when I was doing profile comparision tests, this was very annoying. In my opinion, the bitrate value should not be stored in the profiles.
    Or another solution would be, to put an extra bitrate selection box in the main window with a checkbox for fixing it. So a change of the video profile wouldn't alter it.
  • Compressibility indication. Compressibility test, like in GordianKnot.

Bitrate calculator:
  • Should retain values entered. At the moment, everything is set to default values when you leave the dialog, so during tests I would have to enter my custom CD size, select previously coded audio files.
  • Should permit entering other files in calculation (like booklet pictures, media player, installers, well everything else I want to put on the disc).
    This would also permit to include more that two audio streams in the calculations, just prepare them and add the files here (not completly correct as the frame overhead isn't included, but should work fine).

AviSynth script generator:
  • Aspect Ratio error indication in Resolution Crop. So you can see if it would be better to cut of another row or column or if even another resolution would fit better. Have a look at GordianKnots Resolution-Crop settings to see what I mean.
  • Width- and Height-Zoom indication. So you can actually see if you oversize the output video compared to the input. Like in GK.

Last edited by AgentX; 13th January 2006 at 22:39.