View Single Post
Old 19th February 2010, 12:06   #15  |  Link
JoshyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen R. Savage View Post
Perhaps there was always the bug in the source code. Nevertheless, if you have experience in Avisynth plugin development, perhaps you could squash it for us? Please?

EEDI2 would normally not be anywhere near the top of my priorities, but without nnedi2, it's pretty much a necessary step to get TempGaussMC working on avs64 (the other steps being removegrain64, mvtools2_64, and masktools2_64).
Edit: EEDI2 bug squashed, I think
Try this out and let me know if it produces consistent results

I DO have a somewhat working MVTools2. In so far as I have tested it, the "important" functions are working. A TON of the ASM has been re-coded to adhere to function calling specifications set forth by x64 c++. I did it by hand, meaning, there's probably a decent chance you'll crash it.

I also had to update the parts borrowed from other projects (xvid, x264, fftw), so those are a little "rough" at the moment.

My test cases mainly focused around motion vector generation and the degraining functions. Perhaps someone else will be able to fault it in other places, allowing me a chance to find and fix the bugs.

Here's the link to MVTools2 x64

Personally, I see a significant performance increase (from ~20fps x86 to ~30fps x64, when using multi threading in both cases) when just writing out a raw stream. Try it out, and let me know where the problems are.

This is a little sample of what I've been using to mess around with the parameters. You can get it to go through a surprisingly large number of code paths just by varying the inputs to different degrain functions.

Code:
#MVTools x64
SetMTMode(2,4) #could be more, my system has four logical threads, but in certain instances more increase my encoding fps
LoadPlugin("D:\Development\mvtools2.dll")
AviSource("D:\testfile.avi")
ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true)

function MDegrain2i(clip source, int "overlap", int "dct", int "blksize", int "pel", int "search", int "searchparam")
{
	overlap = default(overlap,0) # overlap value (0 to 4 for blksize=8)
	dct = default(dct,0) # use dct=1 for clip with light flicker
	blksize = default(blksize, 8)
	pel = default(pel, 2)
	search = default(search, 4)
	searchparam = default(searchparam, 3)

fields = source.SeparateFields() # separate by fields
	super = fields.MSuper(chroma=true, pel=pel)

backward_vec2 = super.MAnalyse(blksize=blksize, isb = true, delta = 2, overlap=overlap, dct=dct, truemotion=true, temporal=true, pelsearch=pel, search=search, searchparam=searchparam)
	forward_vec2 = super.MAnalyse(blksize=blksize, isb = false, delta = 2, overlap=overlap, dct=dct, truemotion=true, temporal=true, pelsearch=pel, search=search, searchparam=searchparam)

backward_vec4 = super.MAnalyse(blksize=blksize, isb = true, delta = 4, overlap=overlap, dct=dct, truemotion=true, temporal=true, pelsearch=pel, search=search, searchparam=searchparam)
	forward_vec4 = super.MAnalyse(blksize=blksize, isb = false, delta = 4, overlap=overlap, dct=dct, truemotion=true, temporal=true, pelsearch=pel, search=search, searchparam=searchparam)

fields.MDegrain2(super, backward_vec2,forward_vec2,backward_vec4,forward_vec4, thSAD=500, thSCD1=500, thSCD2=130, plane=4)
	Weave()
}

return MDegrain2i(last, overlap=4, blksize=8, pel=2)
Enjoy, and let me know any problems

Last edited by JoshyD; 20th February 2010 at 01:19.
JoshyD is offline   Reply With Quote