View Single Post
Old 30th November 2012, 12:48   #15862  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Easy answers now. Difficult answers will come in the next couple of hours...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp2k11 View Post
been trying to troubleshoot my problem with some mkv files and madvr (they play fine using EVR/CP). It's mostly some 1080p files but also some 720p files.

Anyway, I just remuxed a problem file to mp4 using mkv2mp4 and mpc-hc with madvr plays it without any problems!? I tried just remuxing the mkv using mkvtoolnix but the new mkv didn't play.

Any suggestions? What more can I test?

(running Win8 Pro, graphics card is radeon 6650M with catalyst mobility 12.10. LAV 0.54/MadVR 0.85.1, MPC-HC b6252)

EDIT: Never mind, looks like the remux only helped on one file...

EDIT2: All files work in ZoomPlayer Free 8.5!
This is really all very weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckec View Post
I have found weird issue with native dxva decoding, it seems dxva2n input is not handled same way as dxva2cb.

My output settings are following:
Output format in CCC is set to Limited RGB, madvr outputs TV levels and my TV is set to Limited RGB, basically everywhere is limited RGB.

When using dxva2cb for decoding, WTW and BTB are preserved, after switching to dxva2n, WTW and BTB are cut off, also when watching Black Clipping test video, 17-25 are not flashing anymore.

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+I shows in both cases: "source levels: auto detect (TV)"

When using EVR-CP there is no such difference when changing dxva mode in LAV decoder.

setup: HD 6670, Win7, madvr 0.85.1, LAV filters 0.54.0
Should be fixed in the next build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp_anton View Post
When I activate fullscreen together with changing the refresh rate, the start menu icon (from "Classic Start Menu") stays on top of the movie until I exit and enter fullscreen again (without changing the refresh rate).
Of course it only happens with windowed fullscreen, not exclusive mode.
In windowed fullscreen mode, madVR does not do any fancy stuff, so I don't think that's madVR's fault. I don't see what I could do to this change this. But it doesn't happen for me, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
This doesn't seem to happen here, even though LAV says it's using dxva2 native.

/edit:
Or is "[DXVA2]" only supposed to be added to the debug OSD?
Yeah, meant the debug OSD, will fix the changelog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MokrySedeS View Post
What I found interesting about DXVA2 scaling is that my GTS450 uses two different scalers for different resolutions.
DXVA2 upscaling for a 720p file looks like bilinear. For SD it looks more like lanczos.
Interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
Whenever I play a dvd in MadVR OSD it is wrongly reported "movie 25 fps" even if it's actually 23.976 or 24 fps as correctly reported in real time by both FFdshow raw video filter and reclock. Why?
The "movie ... fps" information is simply what the upstream filter (video decoder or DVD navigator or whatever) is reporting to madVR. It's the fault of the upstream filters, not madVR's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindz View Post
About DXVA Deinterlacing. If I enable the deinterlacing in mVR, will I automatically get the DXVA deinterlacing? And if I get the DXVA deinterlacing does that mean Im getting the Vector Adaptive deinterlacing? I am using ATI 5770. I think i read somewhere mVR will just pick the best deinterlacing algorithm available from the graphics card?
If you activate deinterlacing and don't force film mode then you'll get DXVA deinterlacing. madVR will always pick the best quality algorithm DXVA offers. I'm not sure if the GPU driver control panel options affect which algorithms are offered via DXVA. Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarank View Post
I just wanted to know that when you enable 10 bit or higher output sometime in a future version, will that work on NVIDIA GeForce cards (or only Quadro cards)?
I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pie1394 View Post
I just realize that lav dxva2n decoding does not work with the old rendering path option.
Correct, and it probably never will, for some internal technical reasons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannes69 View Post
I use AMD HD4550 with Windows7/64bit.
Colors in (2), (3), (4) are the same but different from (1). Especially green is much too oversaturated. (1) stays the same by using copy-back-decoding instead of software.
DXVA-Deinterlacing works as intended, no change in colors.
Interesting: using native decoding instead of copy-back lowers cpu load as expected but as well gpu load! Furthermore dxva2 upscaling has about the same gpu load as Mitchell-Netravali.
Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonQ View Post
Hmm, what does it mean if I get a "MadVR reports deinterlacing failed" message when trying to play a 576i/25 video on my Intel i5-430M (Arrandale) when using LAV in DXVA2 Native mode?

EDIT: Doesn't work with DXVA2 Copy-Back or software encoding either.
It means that the DXVA2 APIs report failure for some reason. I don't know why. And it will be hard to fix without having access to such hardware. The same DXVA2 code in madVR appears to work fine for newer Intel GPUs, so I'm wondering if it's maybe a driver issue. But I don't really know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweinsz View Post
When will the madVR have the 3D support in your development estimation?
Replied via PM.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote