View Single Post
Old 27th November 2012, 07:23   #15821  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
I do think this problem is limited to resizing. Probably the video you tested with needed an anamorphic stretch, which also falls into the resizing category.
You are right it was anamorphic stretch that's the culprit, I was thinking the ffdshow resizing would take care of that but guess not. I went from 1:1 xvid to 16:9 x264, got the green line, changed the decoder and reopened and there was no green but toggling the fullscreen a few times made it reappear. This seems to happen at random while most of the time its a green line, ocassionally half green, half red, occasionally no line until player is moved to change size of the video.

Quote:
How long is twice as long? Half a second? 10 seconds? Can anybody else reproduce this?
Nevermind this, it's back to normal now, this may have been caused by the router that just died. With new router there isn't the long delay opening when streaming over wireless. No idea why 84.7 and evr was 2-3 seconds and 85.x 5-6 in the few tests, may have just been coincidence. This was all with f3kdb().spline144() in ffdshow which isn't a normal situation.

Quote:
I don't really understand what you mean here. Could you please clarify?
Scaling dxva resizing to video card performance would use a lighter resize on weak machines. Not sure this is possible but HD3000 drops some frames playing 1080p BD with dxva2 resizer and bicubic AR chroma, 80-90% gpu load.

Quote:
Well, unfortunately the queue size has a different effect for different users. E.g. on my NVidia 9400 PC I only get smooth results if I increase the default queue sizes.
Strange, 9500GT is opposite, drops frames on default 12/8 when playing BD with lanczos3ar , 6/4 doesn't but there's quite a performance difference between the two gpus: http://www.hwcompare.com/4089/geforc...-9500-gt-ddr2/ I used to get consistent dropped frames every few seconds before nvidia 30x drivers fixed it, increasing queues didn't help, but dropping backbuffer to 1 eliminated it completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portioli View Post
At last one more question. Many people talk here about didee`s finesharp script.
Is it the same shader like the MPC-HC built-in finesharp or you need to add it using avisynth`s LSFmod?
It's an avisynth function discussion is http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=166082. If you are looking for a sharper picture Spline144resize might be worth checking out, it's a light load, I posted how to use it in this thread a few weeks ago for feature request. It's more comfortable to my eyes then finesharp used with any madvr resizer except for Jinc which I can't accurately test because of weak gpu. Finesharp+Spline144 is just too much for me and has a lot of edge artifacts but your opinion may differ.

Last edited by turbojet; 27th November 2012 at 07:46.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote