View Single Post
Old 1st October 2011, 21:00   #9927  |  Link
nand chan
( ≖‿≖)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX-UltraII View Post
but I have to choose SOMETHING in madVR for this right?
Set it to nearest neighbor if you really want to. It doesn't matter one bit if your monitor is 1080p (or higher). The only people that need to care about luma downscaling are those on 720p monitors or lower.

I personally have it set to Bicubic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naoan View Post
Coreavc 3.0 does support proper 10 bit afaik (madvr report so at least).
Yes, it supports 10-bit software decoding. However, it's a lot slower than LAV Video (and still slower than ffdshow). It also artifacts on very high bitrates.

The only good software decoder in CoreAVC is that of version 2, for 8-bit video - which is still slightly faster than LAV Video.

Quote:
I just like to have fewer filter chain and decrease the risk of something screwing up along the line (and hopefully, speed thing up).
A raw video filter set to “prefer” will always have something to connect to. The only exception is when you're using the madVR internal decoders.

If you're planning on doing that then I can see why you'd want native avisynth support. However, I don't see a situation in which you'd *want* to use the internals either way.

Quote:
Also, isn't 10 bit support depend entirely on avisynth plugins and there are some that support higher than 8-bit (up to 16 bit).
The avisynth filter itself only supports 8-bit pixel format inputs / outputs, so even if some plugins support higher bit depths they always need to go back down to 8-bit at some point. This is why, if you want to go with avisynth, you need to go all the way (do all color conversions and dither back down to 8-bit in RGB32 space at the very end in avisynth).

Also, flash3kyuu itself only supports YV12 input which is 8-bit only, so the point is moot. It does 8 -> 16 bit debanding.

And don't the custom “16-bit” avisynth formats just do some hacking where they save the low bits and high bits side by side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX-UltraII View Post
you guys have any idea about this problem? What are the downsides of having 4:2:2 yCbCr Pixel Format?
If you really had 4:2:0 YCbCr pixel format (and your monitor accepted RGB) you probably wouldn't even be able to read this, all colors would be ridiculously messed up.