View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2003, 18:40   #20  |  Link
Mug Funky
interlace this!

ooh! i love threads like this... we can archive them and check how wrong we were in 5 years time.

- quantum computing logic components will have been developed, but no hardware will exist because computer scientists just can't find enough alcohol to allow them to think with an extra dimension.

- EMI will face a backlash from angry fans for making their CDs sound no better than the mp3s they tried to stop (hope this happens sooner - i've found that burning a copy of a CopyControlled disc actually sounds much better than the original, if you do it right
)

- the internet will be pay-per-click, even on p2p networks (it's going this way...)

- George W Bush will be justifying his last war on New Zealand, saying that the weapons must've been moved out during their 48 hour deadline before attacking. The US army will find a chemical weapons plant cleverly hidden in an otherwise ordinary looking sheep. the US will also have an active nuclear weapons program (this at least is true - check google).

- we'll have USB keys (or similar) with 40 gigs of space, at about $100 a pop (AUD).

- by the time i finally get enough money together to buy a DV camera, we'll all be over it and onto HDTV.

- portishead will finally release their new album (hmm... is 5 years enough?)

doom and gloom! hooray! the portishead album will make it all worth it though.

Last edited by Mug Funky; 23rd September 2003 at 18:49.