View Single Post
Old 17th January 2018, 11:30   #48434  |  Link
Manni

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
That's not true, at least it's not intended to be that way. You should be able to select "convert HDR to SDR with pixel shader math" and then set the display to "calibrate with external 3dlut", and if you then supply both a BT.709 SDR 3DLUT and a BT.2020 SDR 3DLUT, madVR should automatically use the BT.709 3DLUT for BT.709 content and the BT.2020 3DLUT for DCI-P3 and BT.2020 content. And the pixel shader math HDR -> SDR conversion should then not downconvert the gamut if there's a BT.2020 3DLUT.
Thanks, but isn't this assuming the SAME profile/calibration is used in the display for all the 3D LUTs? As I can't do this, I have to use the custom profile external command to enable the correct calibration in the display, so that I can have iris open / high lamp / filter for HDR (SDR BT 2020) and iris closed / low lamp / no filter for SDR, correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
It's already in v0.92.11!
Great news, will be very useful for 3D and nVidia users, sorry if I missed this in the change log.

So do you have an answer to my question: how do I select the calibration in the PJ with a batch file? I don't need the JVC commands themselves, I know them, I just need to know how to send them from a batch file. A user has posted how to do it in Python in the JVC thread, but I don't know how to call a python script from a batch file.

So any information (ideally an example of a batch file sending any command to the JVC) about achieving this would be very useful.

Thanks!
Denon X8500HA>HD Fury VRRoom>TCL 55C805K
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote