View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2011, 23:24   #87  |  Link
yetanotherid
Banned

Can you post a screen shot of an old and a new burn?
What model is your new drive (and what was the old one) and how old is your version of Nero? Not all drives report errors correctly although Nero tends to block them from running tests in newer versions of their software. For instance I can run tests with my oldest Pioneer burners as long as I use the version of Speed Disc which comes with Nero 7. The newer Pioneers burners work but the results aren't even close to accurate. Any version of Nero Speed Disc above the one which came with Nero 7 and I can't use Pioneer burners for running quality tests at all as Nero has blocked them from doing so.
Just wanting to try to confirm you're getting accurate results, although it does sound like you are.

I'd be guessing as long as the discs were stored correctly and they're not covered in scratches and fingerprints they probably haven't deteriorated as such (especially if they're Verbatim), it's probably just that the quality of burn you were getting from your old burner wasn't all that good in the first place.
yetanotherid is offline   Reply With Quote