View Single Post
Old 25th January 2014, 14:49   #21792  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by burfadel View Post
I tried the MadVR optimised one, and it didn't even load! (MPC-HC used a different renderer). I then went back and realised the previous version I had was 0.87E or 0.87F, so I copied over the files from 0.87G, then used the MadVR optimised version and it works fine .
Yeah, the new build requires the new mvrSettings.dll, too, otherwise it won't load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonyfrn View Post
I just installed 87G and tried with MadVR Optimised and both give me the below message if I go from full screen to windowed mode. (I used the restore defaults bat to clear out any settings)

resetting Direct3D device failed (80070005)
creating Direct3D device failed (80070005)
Hmmm... Can anybody else reproduce this?

Antony, is this problem new with v0.87.x, or did this also occur with v0.86.11? Can you play with all the various settings a bit to check if any setting changes anything? How about default settings, does it occur with those, too? Ideally, I'd need to be able to reproduce it somehow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpace View Post
Yes, should be y dimension (x needs the shift, after all. Thanks for answering!
Now for the (I think) last curious question: Even though it's probably insignificant, do you have any plans to let the user choose the shifting algorithm?
I don't think so. I've written a custom pixel shader script for the shifting which is performance optimized for just this purpose. If I offered other algorithms, that would mean a lot extra work, and to be honest, I don't think it's important enough. When shifting, the algorithm is not too important. I don't think e.g. Jinc3AR would look any better even with test patterns for simple 0.5 pixel shifting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0077 View Post
Cheers for the new version. All working fine except for OpenCL as reported. My driver version is 332.21 WHQL with GTX295 incase anyone else has older driver versions with the same card and it works. Do you have a contact in Nvidia or do you need any of us to post on their forums regarding the OpenCL issues?
Soukyuu just reported downgrading actually does help. So it seems to be proven: OpenCL/NVidia/madVR works with older drivers, but not with new drivers, for some reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soukyuu View Post
331.81 -> 310.90:
- openCL dither works
- NNEDI doubling works (slideshow)
- luma NNEDI upscaling gives a green tint to the whole image for 10bit h264, 8bit is fine.

I am going to update versions until I hit the blackscreen again. This is with 87.1 btw.
Thanks for testing! Will be interesting to know which NVidia driver version introduced the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noee View Post
Just an FYI regarding the older low-end pre-GCN AMD cards (HD6570) performance. I have my primary display set at 6bit and my secondary as 8bit. Playback on the 8bit monitor with error diffusion enabled drops frames and the render queue can't keep up with all material. If I set it to 7bit, back to perfect playback with error diffusion enabled. If I turn off error diffusion and set to 8bit, same perfect playback. Not sure I can see a difference in the image with playback. Is one option more "optimal" than the other?
I probably should have said that error diffusion is only used if your display is set to 8bit. Otherwise I'm silently falling back to random dithering. I don't think I can do error diffusion to lower than 8bit because I don't know whether the displays rounds or truncates to 6/7 bits and at which values exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonQ View Post
Performance in general is improved certainly.
Improved over v0.87.0, or improved over v0.86.11? How is it compared to v0.86.11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
all version still freeze when fullscreen exclusive is used and active when a new/next file is loaded.

tested with all 3 g versions and 87.1.

this is a very typical usages and easy to reproduce but no one else reported this issue. a problem at my end?
And this didn't occur with v0.86.11? Will try to reproduce it here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufkrawall View Post
I'm getting framedrops with smooth motion + debanding during fade ins/outs if I disable rerendering frames for this.
Is this expected behavior? GPU is a GTX 670 at 1.2Ghz and queues seem to be fine. With smooth motion off I'm getting "just" presentation glitches in such situations.
Dunno if wanted/needed, but I guess it doesn't hurt to link to a debug log:
https://www.mediafire.com/?igbz9sayzry2rw7
Definitely not expected behaviour. With *disabled* rerendering?? That's weird. How about if you enable it? Same problem? Or does that work fine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0077 View Post
I just tried these 334.67 quadro drivers on my GTX295, looks like it hasn't been fixed in these at least, still OpenCL issues.
You need to go older, not newer, it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deim0s View Post
Yes, as before, there is a problem.
While playing content UHD (4k) began to appear such messages OSD: 1, 2.
Sometimes played with artifacts in windowed mode and black screen in full screen.
One time playback of many attempts was normal.

Maybe to you can help debug information: madVR - log
And this did not occur with v0.86.11? It's a new problem with v0.87.x?

Is it possible that you're running out of GPU RAM? Try lowering the GPU queues and/or the number of pre-rendered frames. Does that help?
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote