Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 11th February 2014, 19:53   #597  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessCow View Post
Ah, perfect (and sneaky)! I hadn't seen mention of it in the thread, so I just wanted to make sure the obvious option hadn't been accidentally overlooked :-D
It wasn't mentioned to avoid plugin writers accidentially using those parts of the new interface which are not safe. The MT-mode specification is safe, but be sure not to use IScriptEnvironment2 at all, for exmaple.

The good thing about MT-mode specification as shown by TurboPascal7, as he already noted, is that it keeps compatibility. So plugins can implemnent it without breaking older AviSynth versions, or non-plus AviSynth. Putting it into SetCacheHints() is ugly I know (TurboPascal7 was very much against it putting it there for this reason), but it is the only way for me to let plugins report their MT-mode without breaking other AviSynths.

Anyway, long story short, you can follow the example here, but don't use any other part of the new interface yet. For plugins that report the MT mode using SetCacheHint(), the user won't have to add a SetFilterMode() call.