View Single Post
Old 31st March 2016, 17:57   #1  |  Link
pinterf

MVTools-pfmod

Get latest version from here:
MvTools2 with depans, release pages

Historical part here:
----

I'd like to announce my first published plugin mod.

mvtools-pfmod 2.7.0.1

- based on mvtools 2.6.0.5
- Sorry, no new colorspaces, just v2.6 API
- access violation fixes
- Intel C++ 16 build with Visual Studio 2015
- 32 and 64 bit versions
- works like a charm with latest AVS+ r1828-MT (though I didn't have problems with 2.6.0.5)

Background (chain reaction):
- Once I tried to use DepanStabilize on vapoursynth. The reason was that vapoursynth offers 16 bit color depth natively, and I have modified DepanStabilize for using stacked input.
- One day I changed my vapoursynth to 64bit only.
- I realized that DepanStabilize is 32bit only, so I compiled it to 64 bit.
- But VapourSynth did not allow to use old 2.5 AVS API for x64. So I modified DepanStabilize for v2.6 API.
- At that time I had no confidence porting DepanEstimate to x64 (input for DepanStabilize), tried to use MDepan from the native vapoursynth mvtools. But this function was not ported yet.
- Had to go back to use the 64 bit 2.6.0.5 mvtools on VapourSynth, but it was v2.5 API => ported it
- mvtools MDepan did not work, I had freezes. Learned debugging dlls in visual studio. Caught a famous 0xc0000005 in it and happily fixed it. And myrsloik was kind enough to integrate a hack into vs's avscompat module just because of 64-bit avs mdepan.
- Meanwhile my DepanStabilize-mod got YV24 support, and with stacked high bit depth logic, and I was able to stabilize my 10 bit Prores 444 test files! I reached my goal: my 8mm film restoration project is not starting anymore with dropping to 8bit YV12 right in the very first step.
- The mvtools project stalled - I was busy with fixing avs+ mt slowdown - until recently stax76 had problems under Win10 and the existing x64 mvtools2. After some busy nights another access violation was fixed in the x64 part.
- Thus I had a working mvtools2 version, and didn't want to keep it in secret.
- Finally along with my avs+ branch I had to learn how to create git repos, branch, push, as all these git things are new to me.

So please use this mod with fun.

Last edited by pinterf; 29th June 2017 at 13:50. Reason: New build 2.7.21.22, changelog removed from here
pinterf is offline   Reply With Quote