View Single Post
Old 20th June 2005, 00:12   #142  |  Link
ai4spam
Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.Prozac
Hi !
I tried to open several AVI files using SubRip 1.30b8.
There is no preview in "Video file viewer" - just white blank window.
I tried to reinstall AviSyth and also use other versions of AVS but it didn't help.
When I try to open temp.avs script located in SubRip directory it is decoded correctly and I can play every AVI file included in this script using Media Player Classic or Windows Media Player 6.4
So, what is the reason ?
Thanks for reporting.
Similar behaviours have been reported in the contact section of http://zuggy.wz.cz/ . Please report here from now on, it helps me by not requiring me to monitor several topics.
At this point, I am unable to determine if it is a driver problem or a codec problem. Please download one of the 1.2 beta versions before the introduction of AVS support (SubRip v1.2 Beta 13 was the last one) from AfterDawn or DVD.box.sk, and report if your .avi files work with it. Also, report if you receive a message saying it was opened in MediaPlayer mode.
Also, can you tell me if playing the movie does anything in 1.30 Beta 8? Does the frame number change? Does the video preview window refresh if you drag it around, or is it "transparent"? What is your hardware configuration (video card/driver)? What codecs/packs have you installed? Can you try a .mpg, .ogm or .vob file also, not just .avi?

For the time being, I can only recommend that you try another machine and/or another combination of codecs. The user above reported that the problem went away after recompressing the movies with DivX (he didn't say which version, I'm waiting for his reply). The sooner I recieve more details about this, she sooner I can try to fix it or at least recommend a work-around.

Last edited by ai4spam; 20th June 2005 at 00:21.
ai4spam is offline   Reply With Quote