Now im a little bit confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by SealTooGreat View Post
Direct Information from http://www.dolby.com
Dolby Digital EX
Dolby Digital Surround EX

Taken from www.yamaha.co.jp
Dolby Digital EX:
Dolby's latest surround format, this is Dolby Digital with an added center rear channel. The rear center channel is actually matrixed into the two rear channels, and is extracted upon playback. (Formerly called Dolby Digital Surround EX, or Dolby Digital Matrix 6.1.)

...so DD EX = DD Surround EX ...and EX is just matrix-encoded flag and nothing more.

Conclusion, if you want to encode to DD EX you only need 5+1 ch, 'cause DD EX sound mix is not encoded as true 6.1 audio. In DD EX capable encoder select: "Digital Surround EX encoded". Depending on your decoder(if it's EX certified) and speaker configuration (6.1 or 7.1) you will get EX 6.1 or EX 7.1 surround, respectivelly, during playback.
Help me to understand...2 Questions :

1. When i decode DD EX to wave i get 6 mono Waves, right ?
L R C LFE SL SR, Or is it possible to decode it to 7 mono waves ?

2. When i want encode DD EX ,i need "6 mono waves" as Source .Theres no real phy. SC Channel. The Source is only L R C LFE SL SR
Then simply set the EX Flag and the Matrix "generates" a SC Channel from SL/SR by using psycoacoustic filters ?

- "OR" is there a "real" phy. SC Channel wich will be "5.1" matrix encoded into SL SR .So i need "real" 7 Channels as Source .
The i set the Encoder to EX and the 5.1 Output is encoded with SC into SL SR ? The Decoder "extract" the SC to 6.1 Output while Playback?

What is correct 1 or 2 ?

PS,
Sry for my bad English

Last edited by ACrowley; 26th August 2007 at 09:49.
ACrowley is offline   Reply With Quote