View Single Post
Old 16th March 2012, 20:47   #377  |  Link
Rich86

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapscallion View Post
NO...select the "Blu-ray" tab at the bottom and the output will be a Blu-ray structure with the feature in M2ts format.
If there is more than one main feature file, just select "join" (below "add" on the right hand side of the "input" screen.) when you add the 2nd file (or however many)

ie You've now converted HD-DVD to BD.
These are probably pretty basic questions - but be patient with someone not familiar with this process please.
Once I have demuxed the main feature .evo to hard disc, I end up with 1 video file (the program seems to combine both of the Feature.evo files on its own), + a number of audio and sub-title files. When I use tsmuxer gui to remux & convert, do I "add" all these files or "join" these files?
Update: it appears setarip_old is absolutely correct . . in spite of Passkey appearing to support HD-DVD, I expect it doesn't, as the files ripped via AnyDVDHD are working under WinXP (haven't tried them on the Win7Pro64 box), whereas the files from a Passkey rip do not work on either machine.
Update: tsmuxer gui - adding the audio files seems to work, but it doesn't want to take the subtitles. The output of tsmuxer gui looks fine (BD format audio + video) except no subtitles.
Update: trying Clown_BD now also on the WinXP box. it appears to be happy with the video, audio and subtitle files, but we'll see . . .
Success! Clown_BD processed the ripped HD-DVD title just fine & created a fine looking BD format movie (1 multi channel DD audio + 2 english subtitles).
And now BD-RB has created a DVD-5 of that BD structure.
I posted a comment on the DVDFab forum about the Passkey problem with HD-DVD. Hopefully a DVDFab technician will see it and look into it.

Last edited by Rich86; 17th March 2012 at 01:02.
Rich86 is offline   Reply With Quote