View Single Post
Old 24th April 2012, 14:51   #10612  |  Link
andyvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
If its by design, its a bad design.
Why offer an option that doesn't work? Even more so, one that resets on its own all the time?
The rationale behind the feature was that they wanted it to reset when a new display was detected.

Obviously that doesn't work with HDMI displays because every time the system resyncs with the display it "detects" a new display. The important thing is that they are now aware of the use case and issue with the current approach and have at the very least documented a change request. While I don't personally find that feature valuable, it should work properly for those who do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Anyway, its sad such a trivial issue will force me to install a GPU in this box. Well, to be honest the iGPU wasn't fast enough for madVR to be 100% reliable anyway, 720p60 content wasn't handled fast enough.
Sadly the AnandTech HTPC review didn't use 720p content, because with madVR 1080p actually has less load then 720p (1080p does not need Luma scaling)
What did you set the fix GPU memory size to in BIOS? What scaling settings are you using?

I did most of my testing with 480i content and as long as FSE was enabled it worked quite well.